This is a basic study and overview on the Lord's Supper and Baptism, to give you a start in your Bible study.
There are two church ordinances that we as Born-Again Christians observe:
• The Lord's Supper
Introduction: There are many things that we ought to remember.
1. God's Memorials
• The passover in Exodus 12 This tells us that we were to kill a lamb, sprinkle the blood over the door and then eat the lamb.
• Jar of Manna in Exodus 16:4 This tells us that God fed His people with manna (tastes a little like wafers made from honey) during the wilderness journey
• Taking 12 stones out of the Jordan River. Joshua 4:4
• The anointing ointment Matthew 26:6 This is the anointing of Jesus by the woman of Bethany, she realised who Christ was, and the importance of His ministry Matthew 26:27-28
2. God's Memorial Supper 1 Corinthians 11:24
• The broken body of Jesus Matthew 26:26
• The shed Blood Matthew 26:27-28
1. To remember what Christ has done for us
2. To remember Christs promise of His return Matthew 26:29
3. Personal Examination 1 Corinthians 11:28